Here is a breakdown of each plan:
1) The “Young at Heart” Plan-
This is a plan aimed at mature people who are still mobile but can’t or don’t want to do large amounts of heavy lifting or cardio but still want to stay active and stay in shape. You do not have to be any certain age to do this plan, if your goals are simply to stay active, then this plan is for you.
2) The “Get and Stay in Shape” Plan-
This plan is for people who are more out of shape than they used to be, perhaps just a little out of shape or even they are in the shape they want to be in but want to keep it that way and want a plan that is different from their usual, then this plan is for you.
3) The “Size and Strength” Plan-
This is a plan designed for those of you who want to add lots of size and strength. This is a typical bodybuilding routine which will concentrate on both heavy compound lifts and isolation exercises, with the goal of transforming your body into the one from your dreams.
4) The “Beach Body” Plan-
This plan is for those guys and girls who really want to not only fit in that bathing suit, but also to look good in it. This is one of the most popular motivations for people going to the gym, especially around late winter and spring as everybody is getting ready for their vacations. This plan will help you lose unwanted weight and sculpt your body to give your body that toned look you are after.
5) The “Legs, Bums and Tums” Plan-
This is a plan designed for the ladies to hit those problem areas of the legs (especially thighs), the butt and the stomach. These three areas, along with the upper arms, are the most common areas that women of all ages want to work on. This is the plan that will do exactly that and have them as areas of pride instead of insecurities.
6) The “Lose A Lot of Weight” Plan-
This plan is designed for those people who want to lose 20+ lbs. This plan is designed for those people who want/need to lose weight for their own health and happiness. The plan is designed so that you can lose a lot of weight and get you back to being as healthy as possible.
So from the details listed above, choose a workout to download and let’s get started!
*To download your workout, just click the "Workout Download" tab*
10 Things to Consider -
1) Workout clothes- Try to wear comfortable clothes and shoes that do not constrict movement. Try comfortable sneakers, sweatpants or shorts and a comfortable T shirt or sweater.
2) Gloves- If you are going to be lifting weights you may want to purchase some weight lifting gloves, this is optional, but advised for those with sensitive hands or skin.
3) Journal- Everybody should keep a workout journal, just take it with you to the gym to keep a track of your sessions, it’s hard to see improvement if you do not know where you started from.
4) Hydration& Fuel- It is very important to stay hydrated both during workouts and throughout the day. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day to adequately hydrate your body. It is also very important to fuel your workouts; never train on an empty stomach, your body needs fuel.
5) Know your limits- This is important, as nobody else can tell you these. Just be careful, do not try and do too much too soon and do not be afraid to ask for help.
6) Breathe- This sounds like a simple thing but often people hold their breath when lifting weights. This is dangerous and should be avoided. On bench press for example, breathe in when lowering the weight and breathe out when pushing weight up.
7) Goal Setting- This is very important, regardless of your situation, you have to know here you are headed, otherwise how will you know when you get there? Make your goals S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, Time i.e. how long will it take to achieve)
8) Motivation- Remember “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days that you feel good.” Find ways to motivate yourself.
9) Form- If you do not know how to do a particular exercise don’t worry, just ask the person working in the gym, a fellow gym user or failing that you can Google correct form.
10) Pride- Everybody that goes to the gym is there for their own reasons. There will be people of all shapes and sizes from all different backgrounds, do not be shy or insecure at the gym, remember that you are there for you and your goals and that is the most important thing. You should be proud that you are doing something to better yourself as a person, so take pride in it.